20.7.07

You Closed Your Eyes

You closed your eyes
I thought you were only joking
but then the darkest mood took over
'I'll just show myself the way out'
It's nothing new to me
Sometimes I just choose not to see
It's so much easier this way

I didn't even bother calling a cab
that was not the most inviting hour
certainly not the shiniest side of the town
I didn't really care
It'd be such a relief to go down
I was already down
and out

Dirty looks on dodgy fellas
High heels on hairy legs
You could've treated me so much better
then the thought speared my mind
'That's what I should tell her!'
Oh, now I miss the second before that
when my mind was still just a bit scared
but clear enough to just want to go home

I should've gone home
but I found myself knocking at your door
screaming for another chance
just one more
I could've made you laugh
but instead I chose to make you deaf
I tried to keep you interested
but you ended up asking me to leave
twice
and then
You closed your eyes

Nenhum comentário: